My Birth Know How Doula Course is designed for women who wish to work at, and fulfil the role of the Doula.
Also a perfect start for mothers; sisters, aunties, and grandmothers who have a rapport with their pregnant relative or friend and who want to offer them womanly support around the time of their maternity care experience.
- Physiology of pregnancy and birth
- Basic physical comforts a Doula can offer, maximising natural birth practices.
- Learn skills such as basic massage for birth, pain coping, relaxation, clear communication without getting into conflict – all in one place!
- Maximising communication between the mother and her care providers
- Giving birth by caesarean and beyond
- Welcoming Babies and maximising meeting baby’s needs.
- Walk the Laborynth of Birth and use reflective journals
- Facilitation from an experienced homebirth midwife and homeopath; teacher of Doulas, and parent educationer who has worked with Doulas within a hospital and home setting.
- Clear workbook for participants that show the tasks needed to be completed and the expected learning outcomes, Links, Book list and Research evidence on Doulas.
- Introduction to Reflective Practice – crucial in the area of birth whereby women will be experiencing different pregnancies, births and be from various backgrounds – the Doula will be in the world of having to adapt to circumstances and people on the road to never ending self-improvement.
- Mentorship, Peer support, Certification and accreditation